Ark John Keats Academy buildings are all DDA compliant with accessibility for all users, having space in which people can easily move, interact and use the physical features. Employees are part of the school, both in terms of their own interaction with pupils and parents, and also the ease with which they work within their physical environment.
Below is a high-level overview of our school's physical accessibility; for further information please get in contact with us.
- Not all areas around the school are on one level. Lifts within the main buildings (G-block) are provided for use by wheelchair and ambulant users.
- The school has an accessible entrance foyer with a disabled user operated button for the doors.
- There is access to seating in the reception foyer and two disabled toilets.
- The top floor of the main building is accessible by lift and there are disabled toilets in this building both on the top floor and the bottom floor.
- In the Gym area there is an additional specialist shower facility and disabled toilet.
- There are water fountains on all floors and at intervals between classrooms for easy access.
- Signage around the school adheres to current Health and Safety regulations.
- Lighting is suitable for purpose in all rooms with blinds in most rooms to allow for adjustable lighting.