The Ark Primary Connections programme sets out a series of experiences that all children, from Reception to Year Six, will take part in. These break down into six 'essential' experiences alongside possible 'bonus' experiences.
The experiences break down into six core areas:
- Connecting with Nature - Environmental Awareness
- Connecting with People & Places - Citizenship and Community
- Connecting with Self - Wellbeing and Personal Growth
- Connecting with Your Future - Enterprise and Careers
- Connecting with Culture and the Arts - Presentation, Performance & the Arts
- Connecting with Adventure - Adventure, Challenge & Competition
Children track their progress with their Primary Connections Passport, in which they collect a sticker for each experience they complete; by the time they finish school, they will have collected over 40 memorable experiences.