We are delighted to introduce you to Ark John Keats Academy. The academy is a 3 to 18 all-through school in Enfield, with a mixed comprehensive intake. We opened our doors to our first Reception classes in September 2013 and our first cohort of year 7 pupils joined us in September 2014. We currently have over 1700 pupils enrolled from Nursery to Year 13. The academy was graded Good in all areas in our Ofsted inspection of January 2023.
Ark John Keats is a very proud member of the successful Ark network of schools. Our curriculum is academic, planned to prepare pupils for the best universities by emphasising mastery of knowledge and skills. Our teaching staff are experts in their subject areas and all staff at the academy share a commitment to upholding the highest expectations. We have created an academy that is renowned for its calm, orderly and purposeful environment, where pupils behave maturely and respectfully.
Enjoy browsing our website, and please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit.
Our core values underpin everything we do
At Ark John Keats, we aspire for all our children to gain the academic knowledge necessary to progress to university, to develop a love of learning and curiosity about the world, and to become polite, well-mannered young people who take responsibility for their choices and drive their own destinies.
The academy’s approach to achieving this is based on our six pillars:
- High expectations: Every adult who works at AJK believes in the limitless potential of all children.
- Excellent teaching: Subject specialists rigorously plan lessons which make pupils work hard and think deeply about the subject, fostering their curiosity and love of learning.
- Exemplary behaviour: Pupils are unfailingly polite and well-mannered individuals who take responsibility for their own actions and seek to help others whenever they can.
- Depth for breadth: Our rich, challenging curriculum builds pupils’ cultural capital to ensure they can all be knowledgeable, articulate and university-ready.
- Knowing every child: Our teachers know and care about every child they interact with, proactively building strong and positive relationships between school and home.
- Always learning: Our continuous professional development, co-planning meetings and coaching ensure teachers feel both stretched and supported, able to develop as teachers and leaders in a long-term career at Ark John Keats.
Our provision for ages 3-4
Our provision for ages 4-11.
Our provision for ages 11-16.
Sixth form welcome
Our provision for ages 16-18.