Ofsted and performance data
The academy was inspected in April 2015 and was judged outstanding in every area.
We see the outstanding judgement only as a validation of the progress we have made to date. We are determined to provide an unrivalled standard of education for local children and know we have more to do to achieve this. Our focus will remain unwaveringly on the further development of exceptional practice within each of our pillars:
- A curriculum that provides challenge, academic rigour, cultural literacy and systematic progression as well as opportunities for pupils to develop key learning dispositions and their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Teaching that is highly effective and high quality support for staff in developing their practice.
- Strong discipline through the highly consistent application of our routines and techniques by all staff. Development of character through the Character programme.
- Raising aspirations through high quality teaching, the speaker programme, university visits and working with external partners.
- Widening pupils' horizons through a high quality enrichment programme that all staff contribute to.
- Setting high expectations in everything we do and working collaboratively to ensure staff and pupils can meet these expectations.
Please see full report here Ark John Keats Inspection Report.PDF
The Key Stage 1 results can be viewed here Key Stage 1 - Results.pdf
Highlights from the Ark John Keats Academy 2019 GCSE exam results include:
|9-4 including E&M||72%|
|9-5 including E&M||55%|
|EBacc attained at 4+||54%|
* Figures show attendance from 9th September 2019 to 19th March 2020. The academy was closed due to national lockdown from 20th March 2020.