Ark John Keats Ofsted Results
Friday 12 June 2015
I am writing to you with regard to the Ofsted inspection on April 28th and 29th. The report has now been published so we are able to share the outcome publically. I have attached the report below for your information. We are very pleased the academy has been judged outstanding in every area and that all aspects of our work have been deemed to be of a very high standard. We are particularly pleased with the recognition of the fantastic progress made by the pupils, their exemplary behaviour and of the mature and positive attitudes they consistently demonstrate. We are very proud of them and are delighted they have a school to be proud of.
I would also like to thank you, our parents, for your wholehearted support of the academy’s ethos and all that we are trying to achieve. We demand a lot of your children but it is hugely encouraging for us that you understand and endorse these relentlessly high expectations as you know we are doing everything with the sole aim of developing children and young adults with high academic credentials and who are at ease with themselves and the world around them.
I see the outstanding judgement only as a validation of the progress we have made to date. We are determined to provide an unrivalled standard of education for local children and know we have more to do to achieve this. Our focus will remain unwaveringly on the further development of exceptional practice within each of our pillars:
- A curriculum that provides challenge, academic rigour, cultural literacy and systematic progression as well as opportunities for pupils to develop key learning dispositions and their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Teaching that is highly effective and high quality support for staff in developing their practice.
- Strong discipline through the highly consistent application of our routines and techniques by all staff. Development of character through the Character programme.
- Raising aspirations through high quality teaching, the speaker programme, university visits and working with external partners.
- Widening pupils’ horizons through a high quality enrichment programme that all staff contribute to.
- Setting high expectations in everything we do and working collaboratively to ensure staff and pupils can meet these expectations.
Ark John Keats was established so we could work with local families in creating a truly great school. I think this report confirms we have made a tremendously successful start and can be very excited about the future, both for the school and its pupils.